Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Diaries from Zambia: A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.

When we were first asked to blog about our experience in Zambia I thought it would be easy. I mean how hard is it to blog about what we are doing and how we are feeling. It was only when I sat down in front of my computer did I realize how hard this would actually be. When we write papers and essays for school it is never this personal or real. So here I am, blogging for the first time with no idea what to write, say or not to say.

We feel blessed and lucky to get this the amazing opportunity to not only go to Zambia but practice nursing, something we are all so passionate about. It’s weird, the people around us keep telling us how proud they are of us and what an amazing thing we are doing, but the fact is, nothing has really clicked in yet. Even after the classes, the shots and what seems to be endless packing I still don’t feel like I am leaving Canada for 7 weeks, let alone going to Africa.

I think it is safe to say that we are all feeling anxious, overwhelmed, excited, scared, scared and did I mention scared!!! Personally I haven’t traveled much outside of North America. In fact I haven’t travelled much at all! That’s probably the main reason I am sitting here with a big pile of stuff and no idea how to pack it
                                                                                                               <3 Kiran, Fallon, Sam, Sonam, Pavan
                                     P.S As a Group we decided to Title our blogs Dairies from Zambia

No comments:

Post a Comment