Saturday, April 9, 2016

This is not goodbye.

What a whirlwind adventure I have been on the past month. I vividly remember the day before I was about to hop on the plane; sitting in the living room, strategically packing my suitcase. Here I am today, one month later, thousands of miles away, doing the same thing. I never truly realized how much I love Africa until I pack to leave; the people, the culture, our surroundings- and yes, I have learnt to make those gigantic spiders my acquaintances.



The experiences I have been lucky enough to have over the weeks have certainly been ones I will never forget. The mornings full of instant coffee, the conversations we laugh at till our cheeks hurt, the continuous sweat dripping down our face and the exhausting hot clinical days. I can't believe our time has come to an end, it truly saddens me to leave this beautiful community and the people in it. So many life changing moments in such a little time. I came into this practicum expecting to change lives; not knowing how much they would actually change mine.  



With love from Mongu,
Rayane

2 comments:

  1. Rayane.thanks for the gift you left at LGH.I sincerely wish you the best in your future endeavours.Mundia,Zambia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rayane.thanks for the gift you left at LGH.I sincerely wish you the best in your future endeavours.Mundia,Zambia.

    ReplyDelete